KOREAN CELEBRATIONS: FESTIVALS, HOLIDAYS AND TRADITIONS
Korean Celebrations takes young readers on an exciting exploration of Korea's colorful festivals and family celebrations—wonderful days that are filled with exciting activities and delicious foods.
This book allows children to experience Korean culture firsthand by involving them in games, crafts, stories, foods and other activities like the following:
- Preparing and enjoying delicious Songpyeon—sweet dumplings that everyone loves to eat on Chuseok (Korea's version of Thanksgiving)
- Making your own board game to play Yut-Nori—a game of luck and strategy that's played during Seollal, Korea's all-important New Year celebrations
- Writing simple Korean phrases using the Hangul alphabet, Korea's written language—which is celebrated with its own holiday (Hangul Day)!
- Author: Tina Cho, Farida Zaman (Illust
- Pages: 48
- Size: approx. 8 1/2 x 10 1/2 inches
- Published: 2018
- Ages: 8+